Chocolate fountains are becoming a popular attraction in parties and other events. Kids and adults alike cannot resist the temptation of dipping different types of treats into an overflowing fountain of rich and creamy chocolate fondue.
However, knowing how to utilize this wonderful chocolate machine can make such a positive change between a mouth-watering dessert and a frustrating mess in your kitchen or buffet table. Learning how to use properly also ensures that your party won’t be forgotten. Here are some things that you need to know about utilizing a chocolate fountain. Mini Chocolate Machine
1. Place the machine on a strong and steady surface. Make sure that it is put on a surface that could carry at the very least 85 lbs. The device itself is light but with the chocolate fondue, fresh fruits, plates and skewers, the whole display might be a lot heavier. Furthermore, a steady and level surface allows the machine to perform properly and flow evenly.
2. Plug the machine having its own circuit. Avoid utilizing an extension cord. If this isn’t possible ensure that nobody will trip within the extension cord by properly taping it to the floor.
3. Provide proper ventilation. Typically, there are vent holes on the underside of the machine. Avoid blocking these areas with linen and other materials to prevent over-heating.
4. Assemble the fountain in line with the user’s manual. But first, remember to scrub most of the components before putting everything together. Before pouring chocolate fondue in the main bowl, test the machine first minus the chocolate to ensure it is in working condition.
5. Melt the chocolate. You can find three ways to get this done, in the microwave, on the stove top and in the basin or reservoir. When melting chocolate on a stove top, make use of a double boiler and stick it over a low heat. Constantly stir the chocolate to avoid burning.
If you decide on to melt the chocolate in a stove, do not let it running for too long. Set the microwave on low heat, and then place the chocolate in a ‘microwaveable’ bowl. Run the microwave for 30 seconds. Take away the bowl, stir and repeat the method until you get the required consistency.
On another hand, when melting chocolate in the machine’s basin, you need to stir the chocolate constantly every three to five minutes. Observe that basin melting usually takes up to one hour to totally melt the chocolate with respect to the number of chocolate used and how big the machine.
6. Closely monitor the chocolate. Both basin-melted and pre-melted chocolate requires careful monitoring on initially they are poured into fountain. Frequently stir the chocolate and spoon it towards the auger or the center to begin the machine flowing with liquid chocolate.
7. Prepare the dippers.You need to use pound cake, marshmallows, cookies dried apricot, meringue, strawberries, banana pieces and more. When using fresh fruits, wash and then dry them up so that the chocolate will stay glued to them. In addition, you have to ensure that the dippers are cut into bite size pieces to allow them to be individually skewered.